Care Groups: This narrated presentation describes Care Groups: How they are formed, how they are used to cut child deaths, and the results we have seen in using them.
- CG Narrated presentation for tablet or smartphone
Barrier Analysis (BA): This narrated presentation describes a simple formative research tool that you can use to better tailor messages and project activities to help empower mothers to have children who survive and thrive. Barrier Analysis can be used with just about any behavior, not just child survival behaviors. Please note that clicking these links will often download the resource directly to your browser’s download folder rather than opening them in your browser.
- BA Narrated presentation for tablet or smartphone
- Additional presentation with several examples of BA and Doer/ Non Doer effectiveness
- Online tutorial of Barrier Analysis
Principles of Persuasion
Part 1: Consistency and Commitment. This narrated presentation explains the scientific findings on persuasion, and how you can use persuasion principles in your food security, child survival and other community development work.
Part 2: Social Proof and Reciprocation. This is the second part of a narrated presentation on the scientific findings on persuasion, and how you can use persuasion principles in your food security, child survival and other community development work. This session focuses on the persuasion principles of Social Proof and Reciprocation.
- Narrated presentation for tablet or smartphone
- Presentation table
- Overview, Principles of Persuasion. This animated presentation gives a good overview of several other principles (by Robert Cialdini and Steve Martin) not covered in the two persuasion principles narrated presentations mentioned above.
- CHWs and the Psychology of Motivation Tom Davis’ narrated presentation presented at APHA Community-based Primary Health Care Conference in November 2011.
- Boosting Project Performance with Social & Behavioral Change. Tom Davis’ narrated presentation given at ACDI-VOCA, August 2011.
- Applying the Care Group Model to Tuberculosis Management in Rural Mozambique a project implemented by World Relief, January 2018.
- Care Groups in an Urban Setting. BCC/IMAGINE Community Based Behavior Change a project implemented by Mercy Corps, March 2018.