If using these materials in your program, please acknowledge FH (using this logo), the authors, and appropriate USAID agency as noted in the acknowledgments of each document.
The following care group modules were developed by Food for the Hungry for care groups of 10-12 women. The materials are designed to teach household- level behaviors to prevent maternal and child malnutrition and death. Each module contains a A3 flip chart with a corresponding A4 lesson plan. The materials are used to teach mothers in small groups once every two weeks for up to two years. Games, activities and discussions noted in the flip chart are described in detail in the corresponding lesson plan. Note: All flip charts contain culturally appropriate illustrations for the specific country.
FH uses a pictorial lesson format to help low-literate volunteers teach adult learners. Watch this interactive presentation to learn more.
Essential Nutrition Actions and Care: Each module listed below contains four or more lessons on topics such as ENA for pregnant and lactating mothers, anemia prevention (iodized salt, malaria prevention and iron rich foods), preparation for birth, delivery, postpartum care and newborn care practices.
- Set #2: Module 2 and 3 on the Burundi page *
- Module 8 on the Democratic Republic of the Congo page *
- Module 3 on the Ethiopia page
- Module 8 on the Mozambique page
- Module 2 on the South Sudan page
- Set #2, Modules 2 and 3 for Guatemala from Curamericas Global
* The modules with an asterisk are recommended based on the topic named.