Care Group Journal Articles
- Reducing child global undernutrition at scale in Sofala Province, Mozambique, using Care Group Volunteers to communicate health messages to mothers (Davis et al, 2013).
- Examining the evidence of under-five mortality reduction in a community-based programme in Gaza, Mozambique Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (2007) (Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2007 Aug;101(8):814-22.)
- Accelerating progress in achieving the millennium development goal for children through community-based approaches (Freeman P, Perry H, Gupta SK, Rassekh B, Global Public Health, 03 November 2009). Includes information on Care Groups as a community-based approach.
Care Group Results (Midterm and Final) Reports
Other Care Group Reports
- Food for the Hungry / Mozambique Care Group Operations Research Report: This Care Group Operational Research report details the results of a qualitative and quantitative study to identify the key components in the effective use of the Care Group model in Mozambique by Food for the Hungry.
- Care Group TAG Report and Appendices (December 2010): A technical advisory group meeting on Care Groups was conducted on 12/8/2010 by the CORE Group and MCHIP. This meeting brought together practitioners of the Care Group (CG) model from a variety of organizations in order to consider what is currently known about the effectiveness of the model and implications for scaling up. Critical questions for the group to consider included whether Care Groups should be scaled up, and if so, how, when, and where does it fit into the types of systems governments are looking at for community health workers around the world.