If using these materials in your program, please acknowledge FH (using this logo), the authors, and appropriate USAID agency as noted in the acknowledgments of each document.
The following care group modules were developed by Food for the Hungry for care groups of 10-12 women. The materials are designed to teach household- level behaviors to prevent maternal and child malnutrition and death. Each module contains a A3 flip chart with a corresponding A4 lesson plan. The materials are used to teach mothers in small groups once every two weeks for up to two years. Games, activities and discussions noted in the flip chart are described in detail in the corresponding lesson plan. Note: All flip charts contain culturally appropriate illustrations for the specific country.
FH uses a pictorial lesson format to help low-literate volunteers teach adult learners. Watch this interactive presentation to learn more.
Immediate and Exclusive Breastfeeding: The following modules include one or more of the following lessons: immediate breastfeeding, exclusive breastfeeding, breastfeeding problems and care of the breast.
- Module 3 on the Burundi page
- Module 1 on the Ethiopia page
- Module 1 on the Democratic Republic of the Congo page
- Module 1 on the Mozambique page
- Module 2 on the South Sudan page
Complementary Feeding Practices: The following modules include education about complementary feeding. Lesson are focused on the following ages: 6-8 months, 9-11 months and 1-2 years. In Module 2, additional lessons about vitamin A, nutrient rich foods and growth monitoring are offered.
- See Module 4 on the Burundi page
- See Module 2 on the Ethiopia page
- See Module 2 on the Democratic Republic of the Congo page
- See Module 2 on the Mozambique page
- See Module 3 on the South Sudan page